Directions to Carabela
There are flights to Palma from all the major UK airports and many of the smaller ones.
Alcudia is about 45 minutes’ drive from the Airport. If you require a taxi to take you from the airport to the apartment I can arrange for an Alcudia taxi from Francisca Riera Taxis to meet you. In that case the taxi driver will have the key to your apartment.
If you are hiring a car you may wish to try one or more of the following - www.doyouspain.com/ www.rentalcars.com or, for the more “mature” driver - Silver Travel Advisor - Indigo Car Hire for Mature Travellers
Directions from the airport are as follows. I suggest you print them. The distances are cumulative; zero the trip meter on your car before you start.
If you are using a satnav the address is C./ Arta 7. My Garmin satnav doesn’t recognise number 7 C./ Arta so it is worth trying 7 Avinguda Reina Sofia. Map co-ordinates are N39º50’489”, E003º07’766”. You could also try entering Pizzeria Don Vito which is adjacent to the apartments.
1. After leaving the airport take the motorway towards Palma initially.
2. After 6 Km take the exit signposted “Via de Centura/Andraitx/Port D’Alcudia”.
3. Through underpass.
4. After 9 Km take the exit signposted “Inca/Alcudia”. This leads onto the motorway.
5. Follow signs to Port d’Alcudia, bypassing Inca town centre (34 Km).
6. As you come to the outskirts of Port d’Alcudia you will reach a roundabout with a large red Horse “statue” (60 Km). Take the second exit, signposted Port Touristic or Port Esportiu (they seem to change it), with the Mosquito Bar on your right. This road, Avenida de la Platja, will take you past the Hotel Bahia on your left. Do not take the first exit, from the roundabout even if your SatNav tells you to (mine does).
7. Continue a few hundred metres past the Hotel Bahia to a T junction with traffic lights and turn left (total journey 61.2 Km). This main road is Carretera de Arta. Apartamentos Carabela are now on your right, facing the sea. My apartment is in the first block almost opposite the traffic lights, behind the clothes boutique..
8. The car parks at the rear of the apartments are secured by remote control. On arrival you can park in the road outside, possibly until the next day, until you are able to obtain a remote from the manager, Teresa. You will need to leave a deposit with Teresa, which will be refunded when you return the remote to her. Parking on-site is limited and at busy times you may have to park in the street or in the nearby off-street car parks. Do not park in the bus stop. You will probably get a parking ticket if you do. If you are having difficulty finding a parking space drive left out of the apartments for a few hundred metres and you should find a space on the right side.